Wednesday, September 13, 2006

10 Simple Things

Here's my list of ordinarily simple things that are difficult now that I'm in my 9th month of pregnancy.
  1. Getting up off the couch
  2. Rolling over at night
  3. Taking a walk around the block without feeling like I need to use the bathroom (and then when I get home, realizing that I don't need to go)
  4. Covering up the bottom 1/2 of my belly
  5. Seeing my toes
  6. Seeing my belly button (a new thing I noticed today)
  7. Sleeping without 3 pillows
  8. Going places without strangers touching my belly or giving advice, or kids pointing and whispering to their parents
  9. Wearing my wedding ring
  10. Standing in one place for longer than 10 minutes

I had heard that these things become harder to do, but I was kind of skeptical.

Front View

8 months, 3 weeks, 3 days (38 weeks, 1 day)

Note: for a quick growth comparison, click on "8 Months" in the 'Previous Posts' column to the right. It has a nearly identical picture of me 4 weeks ago. Pretty impressive growth.

The Belly
My favorite part of this picture is how you can clearly see my ribs ending and my belly beginning on the left side of the photo. It looks like I swallowed a beach ball.

3 comments:

Emily said...

You still look GREAT! I hope I look as lovely. I'm both excited and nervous to get to where you are.

Robin said...

That is one nice belly. You are one of those girls I hate that only their belly get's big, not your face and bum too. Luckyyy.

Leslie said...

very cute, abbie! your belly is nice and high still so you don't look pathetically uncomfortable like I did. can't wait for the big (name) news! :) you're killing steph with suspense, in case you didn't know. :)