Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sam's 1st Birthday Party


For Sam's 1st birthday party, we threw him a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" family party.











We served all of the food from the book. Apples, pears, plums, strawberries, oranges, chocolate cake, ice cream cones, pickles, swiss cheese, salami, lollipops, cherry pie, sausage, cupcakes, watermelon, and a nice big green leaf salad.





















Sam's first year of growth



The guests










Sam's gifts

The goody bags

Sam got some really great presents.
Cathy & Ben's handmade gift may need some closer inspection:




It's Sam's Baby Walker. Patent Pending.



And now, the cake.


Happy birthday Sam!

8 comments:

Robin said...

Cutest. Party. Ever.

Kim said...

The party was darling! Little Sam is a lucky boy.

I see you aren't following the family tradition of "No birthday parties for boys named Sam"

jckhadlocks said...

Hey found your blog through Rob's. Send me your email so I can invite you to mine! my email is kdlinn83@hotmail.com.. See ya nd have fun at your fam party!

nana said...

Great times were had by all at the party. Sam is a fun guy!!

Jill said...

Did Cathy make that genius walker?!? I could sell those to the developmentally delayed kids I work with. Tell Cathy to call me. We may have a fortune on our hands! :)

diana said...

bryce and i think you're jerks for coming up with such an awesome theme... i love this idea.

and that walker is fantastic, and reminds me of the wheelchair in the "sophie can walk" youtube video. look it up, i think you'll enjoy it.

Emily said...

That Sam photos caterpillar was one of the cutest things ever. Glad I got to finally see your new house. Next time we'll have to try out the pool. Great party idea!

natty said...

Wow! Lovely party! Am throwing a similar theme party for my son in 3 weeks time and am really excited :D Just wanted to ask..for the food decoration cut-outs, where did you get them from? They look really high quality and nice and I would like to try to achieve something similar. :D