Friday, November 14, 2008

Foodie Friday #8 - Chase's Diner

Welcome back to Foodie Friday.
(for an explanation of the ratings, see here)

Chase's Diner

2040 N. Alma School
Chandler


Price: $$

Taste: * * *
S&A: * * * * *
Value: * * * *


A coupon in the 2009 Entertainment book led us to Chase's Diner last weekend. Due to a headache, I was in search for a regular American meal. Chase's Diner is exactly what you hope for when you want to eat at a diner: red vinyl booths, checkerboard floors, & 50's music playing in the background.

I ordered the pot roast, which claimed it came with "today's vegetables" and a side of my choice. I chose the dinner salad, which was quite large, but disappointing. It was your typical salad-in-a-bag, plus a tomato & croutons. My pot roast was tasty and filling. My only gripe was that the carrots were baby carrots, which never have any flavor. Oh, and that it didn't come with a side of vegetables. But it did come with a delicious homemade biscuit, so I forgave the vegetables.

Jake ordered the bacon cheeseburger, and had no complaints. His fries, like my salad, appeared (and tasted) as if they came from a bag though.

Chase's redeemed themselves fully, if not more so, though, with their chocolate peanut butter shake. If I was reviewing just the shake, I would have given it 5 stars. It was real ice cream, real chocolate, and real peanut butter. And real delicious. Perfect for a girl with a headache. Or anyone really, who wants something sweet.


Overall Rating: 3¾ Stars

No comments: