Did you know that?
This is how I try to spend most of my waking hours. Even if it is harder to type or eat or stand up (difficulty standing has more to do with the major abdominal surgery 5 days ago than the baby).
The deliciousness of a (my) one-week-old includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- He squeaks like a dolphin sporadically throughout the day
- His cry is a tiny, high-pitched hoarse squeal, which, unfortunately for him, we find to be absolutely darling
- His favorite place to sleep happens to also be my favorite place for him to sleep (see above picture)
- He's squishy
- It's fun to find different features of ourselves in him every day
- Every once in a while his fingers find his mouth, which he loves
- Newborn baby smell
- When his eyes are open, they are looking at your eyes
- Sleep, eat, squeal, repeat
This bliss is something I didn't appreciate with Sophie. I'm glad I have the opportunity to enjoy it now.