Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Clean Bathtub

I just thought I'd share a cleaning tip with everyone this morning. Have a good day!


The 3 bathtubs I've lived with since marriage have all been awful to me. They all have the built-in non-slip bottom, which really just mean built-in dirt collector. For most of my tub, I use Magic Erasers to do the job (and swear by the results), but they just can't get the bottom of the tub clean. I've tried everything to clean it - windex, clorox, a bottle of pink stuff, soaking it in bleach for hours - and nothing has worked.

I was lamenting to my parents about it, and my dad suggested pouring cheap shampoo into the tub. I hadn't heard of it, so I tried it. When my tub was completely dry, I took a bottle of 97 cent white Suave shampoo, and poured 2/3 of it onto the end of my tub, and let it run down to the drain. After a few hours, I went in with the remaining shampoo and poured it onto the parts that didn't get covered.

A little while later, I came in with my tub scrubber and started scrubbing and guess what. All that white shampoo started turning a grayish-brown. And after I rinsed it all away, I was left with a sparkling white tub. It looked brand new.

4 comments:

diana said...

interesting. i'll have to try it sometime.

nana said...

That was my hint. Your dad just saw me use it and now he's giving cleaning advice.

Macey said...

Your mom (and dad) are so smart-I will have to try it.

Tori :) said...

What a great tip! Thanks!