Sunday, August 19, 2007

Journal Jar #17: Being a Kid

What Toys/Activities Was I Into When I Was A Child?

Everything I was into, my best friend Kellie was into at the same time. This was extremely convenient for me, because her parents bought her pretty much whatever she wanted. We started off with Barbies. Our Barbie stage was definitely our longest stage. We then moved to Trolls. We also did a lot of playing outside and swimming.

We were very creative without toys too, if I do say so myself. Kellie and I invented an entire universe (that we were, of course, rulers over). The universe consisted of several planets, all of which had different characteristics and languages. On one of the planets, all of the people spoke their words backwards. This is how I know how to sing the words to "Jingle Bells" and "Happy Birthday" backwards (It's important to be able to speak the language of your subjects - to be a good ruler). But I'm not a singer, so it's not easy to get these songs out of me.

Other favorite childhood games: Playing "Saturday's Warrior", playing "Hobos" whenever it rained, drawing out our dream houses, creating Barbie movies, and jumping on the trampoline with the hose spraying on it.

No comments: