Sunday, March 25, 2007

Journal Jar #5: Birthdays

(Here is a picture of my Journal Jar, so you know that I really do pick out a random question each week from an actual jar)

What was my favorite birthday?
What was the best birthday gift I ever got?

Well, my favorite birthday is an obvious one - I met my husband at my 22nd birthday party.

However, the reason I had a party in the first place was because, ever since my 17th birthday, I have had HORRIBLE birthdays. I know, I know, if you're expecting something to be awesome, it's bound to disappoint. But I was just on a terrible birthday streak, so I decided to do something about it, and threw myself a party. The funny thing about it is that the party was actually 2 days before my birthday, and my actual birthday turned out to really suck. But, at least I got to spend the day thinking about that new cute boy I met, and hope that he'd call sometime.

As far as my favorite gift, I can't really think of anything. My 2 favorite childhood gifts both came at Christmas (my birds in high school and permission to get my ears pierced when I was 9).

What about you?

1 comment:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

I think it's clear what my best birthday/birthday present was, if you caught the Mel's Bday Dance. I'm sorry you haven't really had great birthdays. :(