Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Meme

A Christmas meme. (tagged by Robin)


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate 100%. I love flavored hot chocolate. I have a cup about once (or twice if I’m cold) a day

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He used to set them up around the room. I’m not that big into Santa though.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Big white lights on the house (evenly spaced – they look awesome) and little white lights on the tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. But one year Robin & I made cookies and gave them out to random people in my Grandma’s neighborhood (rang and ran), and on each plate we attached a piece of mistletoe. It was probably the first secret good act I did on my own.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually right after Thanksgiving. This year I started even earlier since I was going to be out of town for Thanksgiving weekend.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmmm, maybe cheesy potatoes. And slush (a new holiday food since meeting the in-laws.)

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Watching my dad watch Home Alone or Christmas Vacation. I can’t explain the joy of this, it has to be experienced.

8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember a specific moment of finding out. I do remember planning an extravagant ploy with Kellie to figure out if he was real one year though. I’m pretty sure I already knew by then, but I guess Kellie didn’t.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. We have a family white elephant gift exchange at my Grandma's or Aunt’s house every year. Grandma would also always give all of the cousins matching PJs too.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We have a small 6 foot artificial tree from a thrift store right now. It’s covered in white lights, red & silver balls, little cotton ball snowmen, and cute little ornaments that look like sugar cookies.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it, but snow is for visiting, not for living in.

12. Can you ice skate? Umm...I have. Once.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My parents gave me 2 cockatiels one year. They were a complete shock to me – completely unexpected until I snuck into the living room early Christmas morning and peaked at my gifts (A HUGE no-no in my house). Sorry Mom & Dad.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating Christ's birth, being together with my families, Christmas music (real Christmas music, not “jingle bells” type of music)

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Fudge, chocolate covered cherries & Sees Chocolates. I also like plates of goodies from other families because it gives us a variety of desserts.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We don’t have traditions in our own family yet, but I liked driving around looking at Christmas lights, going to the Mesa Temple lights, driving around plates of goodies to friends, and Christmas Eve at Grandma’s house. And maybe a new tradition – “What Were You Thinking??!?!?” with my family.

17. What tops your tree? A lighted star. (Star #2 – I broke star #1 last year. I think I broke star #2 this year too when I toppled our tree earlier in the week, but it still works.)

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love shopping for other people and getting excited about what I’m getting them. I also like anticipating my own gifts too, and trying extra hard (for Jake’s sake) to not peak at my own presents beforehand.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hmmm, I haven’t listened to a lot of Christmas music yet this season, so I’m kind of rusty. But I like “The First Noel” and most of the songs in the LDS Hymn Book.

20. What is your favorite Christmas story? Luke 2


I tag Stephanie and Cathy.

No comments: