Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Mont Curse

James Mont is one of 4 brothers in his family. He is the father to 4 sons, the 3rd being Bard Mont. Bard is father to 4 sons, the 2nd being Jacob Mont. Jacob is my husband.

By now you may have caught on to the trend: The Mont middle name curses you with having only sons. Now, this may not seem like it's that big of a curse, but let's look at Bard's brothers' families (Jake's cousins). We counted the other day, and Jake has 6 boy cousins and 6 girl cousins. 50-50 exactly. Only his family of all boys throws off their numbers.

I was made aware of this curse when Jake & I were dating, and I had to accept the fact that if we got married, I would have only boys (which, as you can see, I have accepted).
Jake is SURE that we will break the curse. He thinks we may even do it on the first try. But just a warning to my future children: The Mont Curse will be passed on. We have every intention of using "Mont" as a middle name for one of our many boys.

p.s. We should know about this one in the next 6-7 weeks.

4 comments:

Jake said...

The other part of the Mont curse is that if you get it, your middle name is Mont. Yeah, future kid, sorry about that. You'll get over it.

Robin said...

Mont isn't so bad when you consider that Robby plans to pass on his middle name if he has a son-Eugene, now that sucks. Mont is sounding pretty good right now.

Stephanie said...

i can't wait to see if you have broken the curse! whatever the baby is, i know it will be cute. and mont isn't such a bad name. i can definitely think of worse.

Jake said...

I actually like Mont a lot now. My grandpa goes by Mont, and I think its really cool. As a kid, though, I hated it.