Friday, June 26, 2009

Home Tour Part III: Family Room

BEFORE: (yes, they had it set up as a dining room)

AFTER:


Here is our Family Room.

For a really long time, I didn't want a fire place because 1) they don't get much use in Arizona and 2) they usually take up an entire wall, compete with the TV, and make furniture placement hard.


But I love ours. Our family room is nice because the fire place is offset from the center by a couple of feet (we think the room was opened up into the garage by about 5 feet at one point), but still looks centered due to a column set into the wall. (Hard to explain. Look at the pics if you're really interested). Anyway, my favorite part of setting up this room has been finding ways to decorate the mantle. It's not done, but I like it so far.

And as always, this room is still a work in progress. I hope to find a tall skinny bookshelf to go behind the green chair, and Jake wants to paint it a cool color. We're thinking blue.

No comments: