Sunday, October 28, 2007

Journal Jar #21: Food

What is my favorite food?
When I cook for my family, what do I enjoy making most?

I'm going to have to go ahead and say that my favorite food is chocolate. I admit it. Other sweet things I love include ice cream and homemade cream puffs (both of which usually include chocolate).

As far as non-sweet things, I seem to have a love for oriental soups. My top two: Thai Tom Ka Gi, and Vietnamese Pho. I also love fresh Mexican food, authentic Mexican food, sea food, and a good steak and potato meal every once in a while.

When I cook, I really enjoy baking. However, baking usually isn't healthy. So let's talk about healthy-ish foods. There aren't a lot of meals on my recipe rotation. I find myself making beef strogonoff, chicken squares, fajitas, baked ziti, and hamburger hash on a regular basis.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What, pray tell, is a chicken square?

Jennifer said...

(Mostly I've just been looking for a good way to say "pray tell".)

nora lee said...

Pray tell is a pretty awesome phrase. you should check out the book "Walter the Baker" by Eric Carle to read it in action.

My favorite food is chocolate too.

diana said...

i, too would like to know what a chicken square is and hamburger hash as well.