Monday, May 22, 2006

Settling In

Jake and I arrived in Mesa about a week ago, and have almost completely settled in. The original plan was to stay with his parents, but we decided that they have enough on their plate right now with a wedding in the works and some other guests planned for next month. So we moved into my parents' basement. We did some major cleaning and renovations to our area, and now it's beginning to feel like home. Temporary home, that is.

One big change for me was doing laundry with sleepy kitties nearby. Ethel has always loved a damp towel, and my hang-to-dry pile of clothes were an inviting place for a nap for her. Fred just sleeps all the time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again. Glad you're getting settled in.

Anonymous said...

I totally don't remember your parents house having a basement! They didn't move did they?
erin

Anonymous said...

that orange shirt looks awesome.