I was on the lookout for nightstands, a full-length mirror, new bedding, and SOMETHING to do with the walls.
- We found the mirror right away (this one from IKEA), which we promptly knocked over and broke. It was the fastest way we've ever blown $50. Luckily we found a replacement a couple of months later at an auction in Phoenix.
- The nightstands were a lucky find at an estate sale. They match the style & color of the dressers perfectly.
- The lamps were next - they came from Marshall's.
- The artwork above the bed is a Sophie original. I'd like them in larger frames, but these will work for now.
- The other art is an original oil painting we scored at a thrift store.
- And the bedding is a damask print set from Ross.
And then it was on to the walls. I got the idea for the wall from this blog. It's a stencil pattern. I couldn't find the design I wanted in a price I could afford, so I did my favorite thing. I went to etsy, found an artist I liked with prices I liked, sent them pictures of my ideas, and had them make something custom for me. This is who I used. You can see my design for sale now in his shop here (except I had my stencil with the pattern repeated 4 times for easier use).
The application was surprisingly easy and fast. I used silver paint - the same color as the wall but with a metallic finish. It looks lighter than the wall in some lights and darker in others.
Starting the stencil process
Here's what it looks like
Jake's dresser & the replacement mirror
It's so great to have the room DONE! Plus, I get to cross it off my 30 x 30 list -->